One of my writing friends recently asked what scares me. Apparently, this was one her children's school assignments--to ask adults this question. First of all, school assignments are a lot more interesting than I remember them to be.
My instinctual answers to this question were your average: haunted things, big sweaty men with beady eyes, robot spiders...
But then my children wanted to help by offering what they thought my fears were:
The baby in your tummy is going to get so big you explode.
Checkers that turn into monsters and eat people.
Cleaning supplies running low.
And, what they think I believe would be most terrifying--me turning into a nostril.
My instinctual answers to this question were your average: haunted things, big sweaty men with beady eyes, robot spiders...
But then my children wanted to help by offering what they thought my fears were:
The baby in your tummy is going to get so big you explode.
Checkers that turn into monsters and eat people.
Cleaning supplies running low.
And, what they think I believe would be most terrifying--me turning into a nostril.
Comments
Too funny!