The other day my daughter and son came home and, as usual, reported on their day.
"I got kicked off my football team," Son said. "I made a touchdown...for the other guys."
"Ahhhh, don't worry about it," Daughter replied. "Tomorrow, today's mistakes will be yesterday's gossip."
Wow, I thought, and this from a 4th grader. I was so proud.
"Yeah, they'll let you back on the team tomorow for sure," she added with a smile. And then she clenched her fist. "And if they don't, tell them your sister will beat them up."
Now that's advice.
"I got kicked off my football team," Son said. "I made a touchdown...for the other guys."
"Ahhhh, don't worry about it," Daughter replied. "Tomorrow, today's mistakes will be yesterday's gossip."
Wow, I thought, and this from a 4th grader. I was so proud.
"Yeah, they'll let you back on the team tomorow for sure," she added with a smile. And then she clenched her fist. "And if they don't, tell them your sister will beat them up."
Now that's advice.
Comments
I hope my kids stick up for each other like that when they're older.