Skip to main content

Naming Kids is Impossible...

...at least in cooperation with Husband.

He has several rules:
  1. No last names--like Taylor or Hunter or Harrison.
  2. No place names--like Dakota or Berkeley or India.
  3. No natural names--like Sage or Misty or Ginger.
  4. No names that rhyme with anything or remotely sound like anything else.
So with this baby, here's the extent of our cooperating.

Me: "How about Ellery?"
Husband: "Rhymes with Celery."

Me: "Embry?"
Husband: "Embryo."

Me: "I like Emery."
Husband: "It's a nail file."

Me: "What about Chloe?"
Husband after a long pause wherein I KNOW he's trying to rhyme it with things starting with all 26 letters of the alphabet: "I kinda like Chloe."

So there you are. Most of our kids' names are decided in the hospital.

Is it my fault someone called Jared "Jarhead" when he was little? Whoever it was has ruined the naming of all my children forever.

Thanks a lot!

Comments

Anonymous said…
This makes me laugh SO HARD! Jeremy and I have a terrible time naming our children...so much so that we start rattling out possibilities from the moment we find out we are pregnant. Ironically, we've picked out 2 girl names with ease....but have yet to get the chance to use them.

I like Chloe...VERY sweet. If you were having a boy, I'd be teasing Jared about "Harrison"....