Skip to main content

Stylish Blogger Award + 7 things About Me

My dear friend Pat Esden (also a wonderful author) awarded me...a Stylish Blogger award. Thanks, Pat! I'm so flattered. I highly recommend Pat's fun and fantastical writing blog where she always makes me think. You can check it out here: Pat Esden. She is well worth following. Even the late, great Pearl S. Buck is one of her fans.
Along with the award comes a few responsibilities.

1. Thank and link to the person who nominated you.
2. Share seven random facts about yourself.
3. Pass the award along to five blogging buddies.
4. Contact those buddies to congratulate them.
So here are 7 lesser known facts about moi.

1. Car chases. I have been in three. Two of these were with police and the other one ended in a crash--at least that's what the guy chasing me claimed. I didn't feel bad for him. (Thanks for the skills, Dad.)

2. I hate (despise, loathe, abhor) telling people interesting things about myself on the spot. This is why I keep a list on my iPhone, which I am now consulting.

3. I can put together a pirate costume from articles of clothing I actually wear in less than 3 minutes.

4. I convinced a religion teacher at BYU to stand on his head in front of his very large class. It's been a long time since I wielded such influence.

5. I didn't speak until long after most kids, but when I did it was in complete sentences. My mom says my first words were, "Please pass the salt, Mother dear."

6. When I was in second grade, our TV broke. I came home from school every afternoon and memorized Cat Stevens' Teaser and the Firecat album and Fleetwood Mac's Rumours. This all of course resulted in a crush on Cat's picture on the record sleeve. As my friend Vee would say, "Yowza!" Okay, not NOW but then. Give me a break. I was 8.

7. I was once contacted by an LDS Psychic spy for the US military after giving his friend's book a poor review on Amazon. I was so freaked out I seriously considered wearing a tinfoil hat to Walmart. I, of course, agreed to read his own book and gave it a five star review. In the world of Ginger, you don't mess with psychic spies. It's not like you can ever hide.

So that's me, or some of me anyway. I would love to pass the Stylish Blogger award along to these five blogging buddies. Enjoy :)

Becca Fitzpatrick

Baby Ruth Writes
Precious Illusions
So Buttons
The Powell Family

P.S. To post your award on your blog, just right click on the picture here and "save picture as." If you're on blogger, from your dashboard go into 'design' and 'add a gadget' and somewhere in the list it will say 'picture,' then you download the picture. I'm not sure how to imbed it on other blog formats. But with a little experimentation and ingenuity, you'll figure it out, because you're all a bunch of smarties.

Comments

Yowza! HAHA! Ginger, you are such a rockstar...I am going to consult you before I write my next car-chase scene.
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aw, Becca. How can I give you an award and end up feeling like you gave me one? Thank you! It's great to be called rock star when I've just returned from McDonald's playland, have kids accosting me from all sides, and am covered with playdough up to my wrists.
Trish Esden said…
I'm going to remember the pirate thing :)

Loved reading your answers.
Thanks, Pat. Come borrow a leather vest or gigantic belt any time!

Popular posts from this blog

Thanks for Commenting on This Post

A caring friend bought me a book a while ago called something like How to Cope, Now That You Have Children Smarter Than You . Okay, that's not really the title but that's what the title really means. At least, I think it does. I'll ask one of my kids and report back... Anyway. I'm embarrassed that I haven't made it all the way through yet but I did start taking the book's suggestions immediately. Suggestion #1: "Thank your children in advance for good behavior." The reasoning goes that it shows your good faith in them and inspires them to follow through with what you asked. Easy, right? This is how it looked at our house. Me: Thank you, Princess, for putting your shoes away. Princess: Uh, I haven't taken my shoes off yet, Mom. (Looks at me like I've dropped a few IQ points.) Me: Yes well, I'm thanking you in advance. Princess: Okaaaaaaay...? Try number two: Me: Thanks, Crash for taking out the trash. Crash: I didn't ...

Mom, What Should I Do?

Like all Moms I hate the phrase, "Mom! What should I do?" I usually claim I can think of lots of things and start giving them work around the house until they magically come up with something to do on their own. Trouble is, they're so well trained now, most of the housework I actually want them to do (those things besides painting the bathrooms or pruning the roses) is actually done. So I got out a list Butterfly's online school sent me for the summer. "40 Things To Do The Next Time You Are Bored!" I told Crash--surprisingly the most bored of my children--that when he asked me for something to do I'd make him pick a number and he'd have to do whatever the list said. He quickly chose #27. "Order a pizza." I accused him of cheating and hid the list but to prove I wasn't kidding, I ordered him a pizza. Paybacks were today when he chose #4. "Bead some bracelets and sell them for charity." The bracelets turned into toe rings ...

Ron, Joe, Larry and Leo: A Crash Course in People

Tom Clancy once said, "Every person you meet is another opportunity to learn." He said it like it was a good thing, but after my latest camping experience I've just had a crash course in people--and it wasn't my favorite. We pulled into camp to find a boyscout troop taking up one of the areas and three single guys taking up all the rest. My dad quickly made friends with RON who said we could share his fire pit. JOE said we were good to pull in as well. Unfortunately, we didn't check with LARRY as he wasn't even in our immediate vicinity. Had I known about LEO, we may never have pulled in at all. Before we'd been there long, Larry (the guy we didn't check with) had turned up his eclectic oldies-country-jazz-big band music as loud as he could without blowing a speaker, then waited for me to go fight with him about it. Honestly, some of it wasn't bad, but I swear he was trying to find all his B-sides. I was really nice as I told him my "s...