Okay, how can a blog be unplugged? First of all, I just liked the sound of it, but I suppose I ought to think of something better than that. Plus, there's probably some deep, dark psychological reason. Grab your couch. Let's see if we can discover it.
Maybe "Unplugged" has something to do with using my laptop nowhere near an electric outlet (as long as the battery lasts, anyway).
Maybe it has to do with my yearning to learn to play the acoustic guitar which is never going to happen so long as my main aspirations have to do with writing books, articles, emails, IM's and blogs. Oh, and those minor things like keeping the children alive, the husband loved, and the house livable.
But contemplation of the inkblot on my shirt reveals that my subconscious hopes this will be a place where I can just come and blather and no one has to care or read it or even know it's here (if I don't tell them). I don't have to arrange my too big hair, check my breath, or even get dressed. I can just vent without a care in the world without being a burden or bother or bore to anyone. It's just me. Total freedom of expression. No strings, er, cords, attached.
That's Ginger Unplugged. (Imagine marvelous, closing guitar chord, here).
Maybe "Unplugged" has something to do with using my laptop nowhere near an electric outlet (as long as the battery lasts, anyway).
Maybe it has to do with my yearning to learn to play the acoustic guitar which is never going to happen so long as my main aspirations have to do with writing books, articles, emails, IM's and blogs. Oh, and those minor things like keeping the children alive, the husband loved, and the house livable.
But contemplation of the inkblot on my shirt reveals that my subconscious hopes this will be a place where I can just come and blather and no one has to care or read it or even know it's here (if I don't tell them). I don't have to arrange my too big hair, check my breath, or even get dressed. I can just vent without a care in the world without being a burden or bother or bore to anyone. It's just me. Total freedom of expression. No strings, er, cords, attached.
That's Ginger Unplugged. (Imagine marvelous, closing guitar chord, here).
Comments