I am trying desperately to get someone to attend the Dave Matthews Band concert with me.
Husband said, "You know, I like to be with you and all, but I've got to draw the line somewhere." However he doesn't want me going alone since "hot guys will pick me up." Yeah. Right.
My kids said, "Who? Elvis? We would go if it were Elvis."
Husband interjected, "Heck, I'D go if it were Elvis."
"My gosh," I said, "It's DAVE MATTHEWS. He's full of heart, talent, passion."
Blank stares.
"You know?" I added, "Otis on that Winn-Dixie movie?" But that was still apparently unconvincing.
Butterfly, who's 5, finally said she'd come with me out of pity if I brought coloring books or the Nintendo DS for her to have something to do.
My gosh. Does any adult I enjoy being with actually know who Dave Matthews is and like his music!?
I think I'll sneak to it myself if not. I've had plenty of experience being picked up by hot guys and they immediately let go if you scream at them a lot and pound on their back.
Husband said, "You know, I like to be with you and all, but I've got to draw the line somewhere." However he doesn't want me going alone since "hot guys will pick me up." Yeah. Right.
My kids said, "Who? Elvis? We would go if it were Elvis."
Husband interjected, "Heck, I'D go if it were Elvis."
"My gosh," I said, "It's DAVE MATTHEWS. He's full of heart, talent, passion."
Blank stares.
"You know?" I added, "Otis on that Winn-Dixie movie?" But that was still apparently unconvincing.
Butterfly, who's 5, finally said she'd come with me out of pity if I brought coloring books or the Nintendo DS for her to have something to do.
My gosh. Does any adult I enjoy being with actually know who Dave Matthews is and like his music!?
I think I'll sneak to it myself if not. I've had plenty of experience being picked up by hot guys and they immediately let go if you scream at them a lot and pound on their back.
Comments
That geography thing might be a problem though. :)
Laura