I should probably be thinking about what to give my mom tomorrow but what she wants isn't currently available. So instead, I'm thinking of what my mom's given me. Happy Mom's Day, Mom and thanks for:
- The '69 Camaro. Ah, good times.
- The desire and ability to drive dangerously, although Dad contributed some to that.
- My bleeding liberal heart.
- The completely insane sense of direction. Ah, good times.
- An open mind.
- Pointless psychic abilities--you know what I'm talkin'. Don't you think it would be more useful to KNOW you're seeing the future before the future catches up to you? Slight flaw in the whole ESP thing.
- My love of reading--although that Bell Jar book is blah.
- The belief I can do anything I set my mind to--which is why I still always think I know exactly where I'm going when there is a whole mountain of statistics that say I don't have a clue.
- Independence.
- Courage.
- A healthy disrespect for doctors, pious martyr types and anyone else who thinks they have all the answers. Except for myself. I do have all the answers. Which is why those other people are soooo annoying.
- Laughs about Ape Butts and running over boxes at 4 am.
- Star Trek. It's a good day to be a Trekkie (go see the new movie, it rocks).
- Hebgen Lake.
- Life.
Comments