We were on our way to Crash's first outdoor performance of the musical Coconut Island.
Crash was moping in the van and saying (and I quote), "Musicals are a pit of humiliation with no point."
I was hoping Husband would offer encouragement having been in many, many musicals himself. But no. So I nudged him.
Me: "Have YOU been in any embarrassing musicals, Husband?"
Husband: "Ooooh yes. Dracula and the Bogus Pompadour."
Crash: Pompadour?
Husband: Yeah. It's a really bad hairstyle. I was Dracula with big hair. And the whole thing was written and directed by a guy we called Captain Cloud. On off nights I was Hulk Hogan and got to rip off my shirt and stuff. He ends up defeating Dracula's pompadour you know.
I'm not sure it helped Crash feel better but he did stop complaining.
Crash was moping in the van and saying (and I quote), "Musicals are a pit of humiliation with no point."
I was hoping Husband would offer encouragement having been in many, many musicals himself. But no. So I nudged him.
Me: "Have YOU been in any embarrassing musicals, Husband?"
Husband: "Ooooh yes. Dracula and the Bogus Pompadour."
Crash: Pompadour?
Husband: Yeah. It's a really bad hairstyle. I was Dracula with big hair. And the whole thing was written and directed by a guy we called Captain Cloud. On off nights I was Hulk Hogan and got to rip off my shirt and stuff. He ends up defeating Dracula's pompadour you know.
I'm not sure it helped Crash feel better but he did stop complaining.
Comments