Turbulence in an elevator. WHAT CAUSES TURBULENCE IN AN ELEVATOR?
I was forced to ask myself this question somewhere in between floors 2 and 1 of the city library. The answer being particularly urgent since I acquired a bit of GEA (General Elevator Anxiety) after someone pushed the "UP" button while I was doing graffiti in an elevator shaft. They all have little trapdoors on the top, you know. It was a teenage thing.
Anyway, in the 15 seconds it took for the elevator doors to open in the correct place on the correct floor, Princess and I came up with some theories.
All I know is the library better deal with its turbulence problem soon or I'll be hiking five noisy kids up and down the stairs which is sure to make every one of those second floor librarians scowl for days.
'Course, maybe that will frighten all the Tribbles away. What an awesome plan! (Which is what someone once said right before I got chucked on top of an elevator with a huge magic marker.)
And why is The Gremlin wearing a suit in this? He's supposed to be all furry.
I was forced to ask myself this question somewhere in between floors 2 and 1 of the city library. The answer being particularly urgent since I acquired a bit of GEA (General Elevator Anxiety) after someone pushed the "UP" button while I was doing graffiti in an elevator shaft. They all have little trapdoors on the top, you know. It was a teenage thing.
Anyway, in the 15 seconds it took for the elevator doors to open in the correct place on the correct floor, Princess and I came up with some theories.
- Extremely localized weather systems. Someone should do research on this.
- Gremlins. Princess has recently seen that particular Twilight Zone episode. I'm so glad there wasn't a little window for us to look through.
- Tribbles. Same actor, different show. Similar potential to gnaw/destroy elevator machinery resulting in my death.
All I know is the library better deal with its turbulence problem soon or I'll be hiking five noisy kids up and down the stairs which is sure to make every one of those second floor librarians scowl for days.
'Course, maybe that will frighten all the Tribbles away. What an awesome plan! (Which is what someone once said right before I got chucked on top of an elevator with a huge magic marker.)
And why is The Gremlin wearing a suit in this? He's supposed to be all furry.
Comments