So. I haven't posted very often since Sleestack developed a personality. Or should I say, even more personality? She is currently three years old, is growing out the haircut she gave herself, and is sporting a black eye I assume she also gave herself.
Here are Sleestack favorites from just this week:
1. Sitting in church. The little boy in front of us keeps dropping his bouncy ball and Sleestack retrieves it for him several times. It happens again until she decides the best way to remedy the situation is to hurl it as far as possible into the congregation. I don't know whose head it hit, since I covered up my face in what I hoped looked like pious shame but was truly hysterical laughter.
2. Playing "Ponies" with me, Slee decides her pony is the teacher and mine is the student. She decides to teach me that flower stems are green because they get the energy from the sun for food that way. Okay!? Who's been teaching my daughter photosynthesis on the sly? I taught her the word "chlorophyll." So there mystery professor. So there. On the other hand I was, of course, endlessly impressed.
3. Peering into a pomegranate. "Looks like a bunch of little red light bulbs in there."
4. She sings in the bathroom. Everywhere. Church. The mall. The grocery store. At home. She will be stone silent and then waltz into the bathroom and break into song at the top of her lungs. It's best when there are lots of strangers waiting in line for her.
Ah Sleestack. May you continue to be amazing, and go to beauty school before you ever cut your hair again.
Here are Sleestack favorites from just this week:
1. Sitting in church. The little boy in front of us keeps dropping his bouncy ball and Sleestack retrieves it for him several times. It happens again until she decides the best way to remedy the situation is to hurl it as far as possible into the congregation. I don't know whose head it hit, since I covered up my face in what I hoped looked like pious shame but was truly hysterical laughter.
2. Playing "Ponies" with me, Slee decides her pony is the teacher and mine is the student. She decides to teach me that flower stems are green because they get the energy from the sun for food that way. Okay!? Who's been teaching my daughter photosynthesis on the sly? I taught her the word "chlorophyll." So there mystery professor. So there. On the other hand I was, of course, endlessly impressed.
3. Peering into a pomegranate. "Looks like a bunch of little red light bulbs in there."
4. She sings in the bathroom. Everywhere. Church. The mall. The grocery store. At home. She will be stone silent and then waltz into the bathroom and break into song at the top of her lungs. It's best when there are lots of strangers waiting in line for her.
Ah Sleestack. May you continue to be amazing, and go to beauty school before you ever cut your hair again.
Comments
and Care. Thank goodness that she is well. That was a looooong illness. Gack.