I've never thought that a few granola bars and some gum would hold me in an emergency for three whole days, but, you know, better than nothing. But I just discovered it's really called a 72-hour kit because if your baby gets into it, it takes 72 hours to locate everything and put it back where it goes.
I guess putting this kit back together is better than the kids finding the gum under the couch later on. Just imagining what they might do reminds me that in the last 72 hours I have found toothpaste on a bathroom light bulb, permanent marker on my rolling pin and a pocket full of staples in the laundry. Honestly. Do I have to ask them to please not flip toothpaste above eye-level, don't draw on the cookware and WHY ARE WE COLLECTING STAPLES?
I should make them actually live on these 72-hour kits as penance.
I guess putting this kit back together is better than the kids finding the gum under the couch later on. Just imagining what they might do reminds me that in the last 72 hours I have found toothpaste on a bathroom light bulb, permanent marker on my rolling pin and a pocket full of staples in the laundry. Honestly. Do I have to ask them to please not flip toothpaste above eye-level, don't draw on the cookware and WHY ARE WE COLLECTING STAPLES?
I should make them actually live on these 72-hour kits as penance.
Comments