I have recently dubbed my 9 month old baby, "Flying Monkey." So we have Princess, Sunshine (who prefers "Crash"), Butterfly (who prefers "Princess") and Flying Monkey.
This is the day he really earned his nickname.
First, I was in the kitchen making lunch for Butterfly when there was a decent size crash from the other room. When I went in, the baby was well and happy but he'd pulled over a small table that had my laptop and a glass of water on it. I know, big mistake to begin with. Still, he'd never once tried to pull over that table.
So there's my laptop, shut down with water spilling out the sides. Not good. I take out the battery and set it out to dry, not knowing if the laptop shut down from the crash or the water or who knows what else has gone on in that room while I made one speedy little sandwich.
With no laptop, I grudgingly set to work on sewing a Halloween costume. I thought it was a wise move to set up the ironing board in the mudroom where I could shut the door against Flying Monkey's efforts to pull even more things down on top of himself.
While ironing a hem (with the door closed) I heard the sewing machine turn on. There was Flying Monkey banging away on the foot pedal. I ran out and unplugged the thing which took all of 5 seconds. When I turned around to get my baby he had somehow crawled at near lightspeed to the mudroom and was under the ironing board.
I finally grabbed him and stuck him in his swing. I strapped him in good and tight and he was cheerfully swinging. Before I could finish sewing a seam, there he was crawling across the floor again. I have no idea how he got out of the straps and off that swing well and happy.
He decided he could open cupboards today more easily with his hands than with his head. This discovery was a good one for him, a bad one for me. I finally piled pillows in front of the TV armoir in an attempt to keep him safe as well as any other electronics that might get in his path. He took one look at the pillows and dove in and out of them, thinking it was fabulous, narrowly missing his head on several edges and chair legs and whatnot.
The kid doesn't even walk yet!
There are a list of baby items I need that I've never even come across--a lid for the crib for instance and a high chair with a built in straight jacket.
Here's hoping tomorrow is better and that my computer turns on. Someday.
This is the day he really earned his nickname.
First, I was in the kitchen making lunch for Butterfly when there was a decent size crash from the other room. When I went in, the baby was well and happy but he'd pulled over a small table that had my laptop and a glass of water on it. I know, big mistake to begin with. Still, he'd never once tried to pull over that table.
So there's my laptop, shut down with water spilling out the sides. Not good. I take out the battery and set it out to dry, not knowing if the laptop shut down from the crash or the water or who knows what else has gone on in that room while I made one speedy little sandwich.
With no laptop, I grudgingly set to work on sewing a Halloween costume. I thought it was a wise move to set up the ironing board in the mudroom where I could shut the door against Flying Monkey's efforts to pull even more things down on top of himself.
While ironing a hem (with the door closed) I heard the sewing machine turn on. There was Flying Monkey banging away on the foot pedal. I ran out and unplugged the thing which took all of 5 seconds. When I turned around to get my baby he had somehow crawled at near lightspeed to the mudroom and was under the ironing board.
I finally grabbed him and stuck him in his swing. I strapped him in good and tight and he was cheerfully swinging. Before I could finish sewing a seam, there he was crawling across the floor again. I have no idea how he got out of the straps and off that swing well and happy.
He decided he could open cupboards today more easily with his hands than with his head. This discovery was a good one for him, a bad one for me. I finally piled pillows in front of the TV armoir in an attempt to keep him safe as well as any other electronics that might get in his path. He took one look at the pillows and dove in and out of them, thinking it was fabulous, narrowly missing his head on several edges and chair legs and whatnot.
The kid doesn't even walk yet!
There are a list of baby items I need that I've never even come across--a lid for the crib for instance and a high chair with a built in straight jacket.
Here's hoping tomorrow is better and that my computer turns on. Someday.
Comments