Skip to main content

The Monkey De-Fanged

There was a thump, someone running and someone screaming.

Used to such things, I sat on the bed and said, "what!" in that annoyed tone that mom's and teenagers do so well.

My lovely but dramatic princess screamed from somewhere in the hall, "Something's wrong with Monkey! He's bleeding everywhere. Oh no, oh no!"

It turned out that one of his two front bottom teeth was poking straight forward, where it used to poke (like most people's) straight up. Husband simply knocked it back into place, "It was just a reflex," he says.

Apparently, if Monkey keeps the tooth it will all be due to Husband's instincts because the doctor said he didn't know anything about teeth (it was a Saturday) and the emergency dental people refused to ever call me back.

It's a bit crooked and I suspect it's a bit wobbly.

Still, on the bright side, he's biting much less.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Something similar happened at our house a few years ago...It was my 3yr old's two top front teeth! So, we went to the dentist and he was going to pull them.... but before doing so, he decided to consult a more experiened colleague, who recommended just pushing them back into place. So it was done, and here we are, several years later with the two front teeth still thriving. They have a slight greyish tinge to them, but only a very critical eye (mine) can tell... Apparently your husband was listening to a very experienced colleague as well!
Laughing--well, hallelujah!

Popular posts from this blog

Thanks for Commenting on This Post

A caring friend bought me a book a while ago called something like How to Cope, Now That You Have Children Smarter Than You . Okay, that's not really the title but that's what the title really means. At least, I think it does. I'll ask one of my kids and report back... Anyway. I'm embarrassed that I haven't made it all the way through yet but I did start taking the book's suggestions immediately. Suggestion #1: "Thank your children in advance for good behavior." The reasoning goes that it shows your good faith in them and inspires them to follow through with what you asked. Easy, right? This is how it looked at our house. Me: Thank you, Princess, for putting your shoes away. Princess: Uh, I haven't taken my shoes off yet, Mom. (Looks at me like I've dropped a few IQ points.) Me: Yes well, I'm thanking you in advance. Princess: Okaaaaaaay...? Try number two: Me: Thanks, Crash for taking out the trash. Crash: I didn't ...

Mom, What Should I Do?

Like all Moms I hate the phrase, "Mom! What should I do?" I usually claim I can think of lots of things and start giving them work around the house until they magically come up with something to do on their own. Trouble is, they're so well trained now, most of the housework I actually want them to do (those things besides painting the bathrooms or pruning the roses) is actually done. So I got out a list Butterfly's online school sent me for the summer. "40 Things To Do The Next Time You Are Bored!" I told Crash--surprisingly the most bored of my children--that when he asked me for something to do I'd make him pick a number and he'd have to do whatever the list said. He quickly chose #27. "Order a pizza." I accused him of cheating and hid the list but to prove I wasn't kidding, I ordered him a pizza. Paybacks were today when he chose #4. "Bead some bracelets and sell them for charity." The bracelets turned into toe rings ...

Ron, Joe, Larry and Leo: A Crash Course in People

Tom Clancy once said, "Every person you meet is another opportunity to learn." He said it like it was a good thing, but after my latest camping experience I've just had a crash course in people--and it wasn't my favorite. We pulled into camp to find a boyscout troop taking up one of the areas and three single guys taking up all the rest. My dad quickly made friends with RON who said we could share his fire pit. JOE said we were good to pull in as well. Unfortunately, we didn't check with LARRY as he wasn't even in our immediate vicinity. Had I known about LEO, we may never have pulled in at all. Before we'd been there long, Larry (the guy we didn't check with) had turned up his eclectic oldies-country-jazz-big band music as loud as he could without blowing a speaker, then waited for me to go fight with him about it. Honestly, some of it wasn't bad, but I swear he was trying to find all his B-sides. I was really nice as I told him my "s...