Skip to main content

Random Moments from my Week

Now you'll see why I haven't had much time to blog!

Drove to dinner in Plain City (of all places) on Mother's Day. While Princess was throwing up in the back seat, lo and behold, I ACTUALLY FOUND THE ADDRESS with no real trouble--especially considering I was given bad directions. Most of you have no idea how miraculous this is, but some of you do. Yeah, I know...me finding my way? SCARY. I chalk it up to Mother's Day blessings from above.

Spent and incredible afternoon riding my new Mother's Day bike to the grocery store up our river trail with Butterfly leading the way and Monkey in the bike trailer. It was gorgeous and butterfly was amazing. She went through at least 5 tunnels with a good 6 inches of water in them--one had a fountain bubbling up she had to go over. She thought is was the coolest thing ever. And can I just say, that pretty much NOTHING fits in my eco-friendly fabric grocery sack? The one I paid TWENTY dollars for?

A couple days later another, shorter, bike ride with butterfly where she kept saying, "Ouch, my bum! My bum!"

Sitting on the porch with a massive neighborhood car wash going on in the cul-de-sac, discussing the pros and cons of owning chickens, and watching Husband and kidlets perfecting a water bottle rocket they created. It took out a tree and dented several cars but no one seemed to mind (the cars were ours). Aaaah. It's days like this that make life worthwhile.

Listening to Leonardo the Terrible Monster 87 times since Crash is in a storytelling festival at his school. He has to do an assembly AND a fund raiser for the school that night.

Thinking, "Wow, how nice. Monkey is finally learning to entertain himself," and then discovering he was in my makeup drawer drawing on his face, his clothes, the drawer itself, the other makeup and his hair with two lipsticks. My favorite one seems to also be his favorite and he quite liked the black as well which I keep around for Halloween. Good thing the Cure is coming into town so Wal-mart is probably well stocked with black. You never know when that's gonna come in handy. Hey, maybe it will fit in my eco-friendly fabric grocery sack.

Putting in the garden with my four kids and two of their friends. It was like a posse of hyper pygmies going farmer. I have got to start posting pictures on this thing. The dirt was flying, let me tell you.

Finding out my "appearance" at the new UVU library event in June is going to get me $100. I'm always shocked and amazed when people want to give me money for writing. They've bought my books and are going to sell them, too. It pays to have friends in high places.

OH and YAY! My awesome neighbor Megan (a talented Bostonian musician with exquisite taste in music, Mom) LOVES Dave Matthews and she's coming with us to the concert. I couldn't be more excited.

And the Jazz lost :(

And the LOST season finale has so far been just cool.

And now I'm just babbling, so there you go. Some moments from my week.

Comments