Okay, this is information I've run into while internet surfing so don't quote me in any dissertations, but APPARENTLY some native americans believe that people have totems--
or maybe just some internet people believe in totems--at any rate, I think the gist is that totems are a kind of animal spirit/god that watches over you or follows you or bugs you but is attached to you for some purpose.
The, "How to tell what your totem is" indicators seem to point to the spider as my totem. When I see a spider I'm supposed to pay attention to what it's doing and where it is to eek out symbolic meaning in my own life. Like a spider hanging in the middle of a web might mean, hey, I'm pretty balanced. A spider building a web might mean...um...I should prepare for the future? The pantry needs stocking? Anway, you get the picture...
So yesterday, Monkey leaned into my shoulder for a sweet little hug and there was a big black hairy spider right on the back of his neck!!!
What am I supposed to do with that, Mr. Totem?? (Other than panicking and having to figure out how to flick it off without it biting my child but doing it quickly before it, you know, bit my child, etc., etc.)
AAAAA.
If there's a next life, I'm signing up for the bunny totem. In fact, if anyone knows how to transfer totems right now, I'd appreciate you sending me the appropriate form ASAP.
or maybe just some internet people believe in totems--at any rate, I think the gist is that totems are a kind of animal spirit/god that watches over you or follows you or bugs you but is attached to you for some purpose.
The, "How to tell what your totem is" indicators seem to point to the spider as my totem. When I see a spider I'm supposed to pay attention to what it's doing and where it is to eek out symbolic meaning in my own life. Like a spider hanging in the middle of a web might mean, hey, I'm pretty balanced. A spider building a web might mean...um...I should prepare for the future? The pantry needs stocking? Anway, you get the picture...
So yesterday, Monkey leaned into my shoulder for a sweet little hug and there was a big black hairy spider right on the back of his neck!!!
What am I supposed to do with that, Mr. Totem?? (Other than panicking and having to figure out how to flick it off without it biting my child but doing it quickly before it, you know, bit my child, etc., etc.)
AAAAA.
If there's a next life, I'm signing up for the bunny totem. In fact, if anyone knows how to transfer totems right now, I'd appreciate you sending me the appropriate form ASAP.
Comments
Kel