Crash has been having a tremendous amount of anxiety lately. This happens from time to time. Here is a list of all the things he'll admit he's worried about.
Once in a while I make him do one of these things for therapy. It seems to help, but it's pretty excruciating. Except he quite likes when we all give him our last bites of cupcakes. I make him jump on the bad stairs and stuff or have him hang out by a closet.
He's learning he doesn't die. Although for a while he thinks he's going to.
- Standing by a closet
- Stepping on certain stairs
- Being alone anywhere
- Looking out his window in the dark
- Eating the last bite of his food (it might be poison)
- If people scream outside, he has to come in
- Mom and Dad disappearing (he always checks to see where we are, even at 4am)
- Playing at other people's houses
- Going somewhere without Mom or Dad (like cub scout olympics--in which he took second place by the way)
- Substitute teachers (he thinks they will make him eat his last bite of food or something, they are secretly the enemy)
- Noises at night (sure, who isn't?)
- Being home without Mom or Dad (like when I run his sister four blocks away in the van)
Once in a while I make him do one of these things for therapy. It seems to help, but it's pretty excruciating. Except he quite likes when we all give him our last bites of cupcakes. I make him jump on the bad stairs and stuff or have him hang out by a closet.
He's learning he doesn't die. Although for a while he thinks he's going to.
Comments