A post-it note stuck to a Scholastic Book order and placed carefully on my bed:
Dear Mom,
Since I know it might be 1:00 am by the time you finish watching LOST, I wanted to tell you why I wanted Inkheart (and yes I know I already have a copy).
Reason #1: It is a book, not a remote control light switch [Ginger's note: a remote controlled light switch is also mentioned in the catalog, which she knew I wouldn't buy for her.]
#2: Have you seen my old copy? It's torn to shreds.
#3: The cover is way cool.
#4: I was thinking about buying it at Borders but it would cost me $20.00. This copy only costs $5.
I hope you see my reasoning.
Sincerely,
Princess
P.S. If you don't buy it, my old copy will fall apart then you'll need to get a new one for $20.00.
Dear Mom,
Since I know it might be 1:00 am by the time you finish watching LOST, I wanted to tell you why I wanted Inkheart (and yes I know I already have a copy).
Reason #1: It is a book, not a remote control light switch [Ginger's note: a remote controlled light switch is also mentioned in the catalog, which she knew I wouldn't buy for her.]
#2: Have you seen my old copy? It's torn to shreds.
#3: The cover is way cool.
#4: I was thinking about buying it at Borders but it would cost me $20.00. This copy only costs $5.
I hope you see my reasoning.
Sincerely,
Princess
P.S. If you don't buy it, my old copy will fall apart then you'll need to get a new one for $20.00.
Comments