Me (to a friend): I don't like cantaloupe--I'm not really a melon person.
Crash (interrupting): WHAT!? A cantaloupe isn't a melon (laughing hysterically).
Me: Uh…what is it then?
Crash (speaking like I am the dumbest mother on earth): An animal!? Hello…
Me (trying to keep friend and Princess from laughing): Really. What does a cantaloupe look like?
Crash: It’s like a cross between a camel and a kangaroo.
He is dead serious.
Me: Um, do you mean an antelope?

Crash: Pfff, NO!
Me: A jackalope?

Crash: A CANTaloupe. A CANTaloupe!
Me: Okay, so uh, does it have a hump like a camel?
Crash: No.
Me: Does it have a tail like a kangaroo? Does it jump?
Crash: No.
Me: So what parts are like a camel?
Crash: The face and the legs.
Me: What parts are like a kangaroo?
Crash: The sleek lean body.
I am laughing hysterically at this point.
Me: Where does it live?
Crash: Either a barren wasteland or the jungle.
Me (Looking up "cantaloupe" on Wikipedia…source of all knowledge): Crash, this is a cantaloupe.

Crash: OOOOOH, I mean a CATaloupe.
Me: You’ve gotta be kidding.
Crash: No, it’s a CATaloupe. A CATaloupe.
Me: Fine. Look. When I google “cataloupe” it says, “Did you mean…CANTaloupe?”
Crash: No look there it is! “Cantaloupe Melon Desert!!” Oh wait. Does that say, “dessert?”
Me: Sorry Crash.
He is still convinced there is a camel/kangaroo hybrid out there with no humps or jumping abilities, if only we could remember what it’s called.
For now, we call it a cantaloupe.
Crash (interrupting): WHAT!? A cantaloupe isn't a melon (laughing hysterically).
Me: Uh…what is it then?
Crash (speaking like I am the dumbest mother on earth): An animal!? Hello…
Me (trying to keep friend and Princess from laughing): Really. What does a cantaloupe look like?
Crash: It’s like a cross between a camel and a kangaroo.
He is dead serious.
Me: Um, do you mean an antelope?

Crash: Pfff, NO!
Me: A jackalope?

Crash: A CANTaloupe. A CANTaloupe!
Me: Okay, so uh, does it have a hump like a camel?
Crash: No.
Me: Does it have a tail like a kangaroo? Does it jump?
Crash: No.
Me: So what parts are like a camel?
Crash: The face and the legs.
Me: What parts are like a kangaroo?
Crash: The sleek lean body.
I am laughing hysterically at this point.
Me: Where does it live?
Crash: Either a barren wasteland or the jungle.
Me (Looking up "cantaloupe" on Wikipedia…source of all knowledge): Crash, this is a cantaloupe.

Crash: OOOOOH, I mean a CATaloupe.
Me: You’ve gotta be kidding.
Crash: No, it’s a CATaloupe. A CATaloupe.
Me: Fine. Look. When I google “cataloupe” it says, “Did you mean…CANTaloupe?”
Crash: No look there it is! “Cantaloupe Melon Desert!!” Oh wait. Does that say, “dessert?”
Me: Sorry Crash.
He is still convinced there is a camel/kangaroo hybrid out there with no humps or jumping abilities, if only we could remember what it’s called.
For now, we call it a cantaloupe.
Comments