1. Snowskiing: I used to get out of school regularly to ski with my parents. How cool is that? Well, okay, it's cooler when you're younger. I learned how to ski when I was 3. I used to do a trick with my dad where I'd zoom up behind him and go under his legs--until the day I got a little too tall...
2. The Initials TM: He puts them on everything. EV.ER.Y.thing.
3. Bungee Cords: He doesn't leave home without them. They even made it into his extremely limited baggage space to Europe. He hooked them together to make a clothesline for drying his freshly washed undies in Vienna. I'm pretty sure they all say TM, too (the bungee cords AND the underwear).
4. Harleys: When I wanted to serve a mission for my church my dad offered up the money to support me. "Do you know what this is?" he asked. "It's a Harley. But it's worth it." (I added that last sentence. I think he actually made some crying noises instead, but I'm sure the intent was the same.)
5. Cops: My dad was born to be one. Just ask the guys I dated.
6. Boats and waterskiing: Same deal as snowskiing only the best trick is my dad hanging on to the tow rope with his toes. The man has seriously disfigured toes.
7. Speeding: Okay, if he wasn't a cop, he'd probably be in jail for this. Once he ran from a cop with my sister and me on a motorcycle. We got away. So any similar circumstances that I may have been involved with as a driver was just me learning from my dad.
I could go on and on. My dad tends to make an impression. Happy Father's Day, Dad and thanks for my life :)
2. The Initials TM: He puts them on everything. EV.ER.Y.thing.
3. Bungee Cords: He doesn't leave home without them. They even made it into his extremely limited baggage space to Europe. He hooked them together to make a clothesline for drying his freshly washed undies in Vienna. I'm pretty sure they all say TM, too (the bungee cords AND the underwear).
4. Harleys: When I wanted to serve a mission for my church my dad offered up the money to support me. "Do you know what this is?" he asked. "It's a Harley. But it's worth it." (I added that last sentence. I think he actually made some crying noises instead, but I'm sure the intent was the same.)
5. Cops: My dad was born to be one. Just ask the guys I dated.
6. Boats and waterskiing: Same deal as snowskiing only the best trick is my dad hanging on to the tow rope with his toes. The man has seriously disfigured toes.
7. Speeding: Okay, if he wasn't a cop, he'd probably be in jail for this. Once he ran from a cop with my sister and me on a motorcycle. We got away. So any similar circumstances that I may have been involved with as a driver was just me learning from my dad.
I could go on and on. My dad tends to make an impression. Happy Father's Day, Dad and thanks for my life :)
Comments