My son was bored today. Very, very bored. He was mopey and whiny and I was scrambling to get his mind off of it.
"What did you learn in church today?"
He perked up a little but then quickly remembered that they played bingo and that there wasn't any more boring game in the world to play than bingo and how he'd rather have a really LONG lesson than play bingo.
"Didn't you have a lesson?" I asked.
"Oh yeah. A SHORT lesson. It was about repentance. If you don't repent, you are like a dirty cloth. If you repent you are like a clean cloth."
"So what kind of cloth do you feel like?" I asked.
He paused for a couple seconds and then started pouting again. "A BORED cloth," he said.
"What did you learn in church today?"
He perked up a little but then quickly remembered that they played bingo and that there wasn't any more boring game in the world to play than bingo and how he'd rather have a really LONG lesson than play bingo.
"Didn't you have a lesson?" I asked.
"Oh yeah. A SHORT lesson. It was about repentance. If you don't repent, you are like a dirty cloth. If you repent you are like a clean cloth."
"So what kind of cloth do you feel like?" I asked.
He paused for a couple seconds and then started pouting again. "A BORED cloth," he said.
Comments