When my oldest child was still very young and suddenly frightened of monsters, I told her the truth. "We can't afford a monster. Sorry. If you want me to save up and get one at Wal-mart, it will take a while, but we can probably manage it."
She gave me a puzzled look.
"Really," I said. "We don't have one. Do you want one?"
She shook her head and never worried about monsters again.
Unfortunately, I didn't tell my neighbors this little tidbit and they ended up with a monster frightening their two year old. To make sure it cooperates, they have to poke it with a hanger every night.
I have to admit, that way sounds kind of fun, too.
She gave me a puzzled look.
"Really," I said. "We don't have one. Do you want one?"
She shook her head and never worried about monsters again.
Unfortunately, I didn't tell my neighbors this little tidbit and they ended up with a monster frightening their two year old. To make sure it cooperates, they have to poke it with a hanger every night.
I have to admit, that way sounds kind of fun, too.
Comments