Last night son's remaining turtle, Claws died.
This morning Slither, the long-tailed lizard, followed Claws into the great reptile habitat in the sky.
We are thinking, sadly, that we have not kept them warm enough somehow even though we did have two lights...we're not sure. At any rate, we are coping.
I perhaps should have known when Slither was rolling around in his cage that something was up. Do lizards normally roll? And when he let us pet him last night, I just thought he was being friendly. Maybe he was.
We are better with frogs, fish and stray cats I think. But my son really did all we knew how.
This morning Slither, the long-tailed lizard, followed Claws into the great reptile habitat in the sky.
We are thinking, sadly, that we have not kept them warm enough somehow even though we did have two lights...we're not sure. At any rate, we are coping.
I perhaps should have known when Slither was rolling around in his cage that something was up. Do lizards normally roll? And when he let us pet him last night, I just thought he was being friendly. Maybe he was.
We are better with frogs, fish and stray cats I think. But my son really did all we knew how.
Comments