My computer has yet to turn on.
I took it to a Mac repair place where I was informed that the power cord connection has a short--guess that's why the little light never even came on when I plugged it in. More tragically, the logicboard has a short, too. I don't know what a logicboard is, but it's apparently pretty important since it costs $1260 to replace. The whole Macbook only cost me $1200.
My husband, bless his heart, loves me dearly. And his favorite way to show this is through electronics which he doesn't get much chance to do. Electronics and I don't get along so well, even when they haven't had water poured on them. Anyway, Husband found a place that claims to fix water-damaged logicboards in New York. We tried to explain to them that it must have a lot more wrong with it since we couldn't even get the info from my hard drive to transfer to another computer. Still, they wanted a shot. If they can't fix it, we don't pay.
All hail the New Yorkers.
I'm jealous--I haven't even been to New York yet.
In the meantime I am on my old iBook. The video is always half pink. It runs at a temperature that singes my lap. It's a lot slower. Still, I'd rather use it than the PC. After one day of that thing I'd already nearly taken a cup of water to it myself.
I took it to a Mac repair place where I was informed that the power cord connection has a short--guess that's why the little light never even came on when I plugged it in. More tragically, the logicboard has a short, too. I don't know what a logicboard is, but it's apparently pretty important since it costs $1260 to replace. The whole Macbook only cost me $1200.
My husband, bless his heart, loves me dearly. And his favorite way to show this is through electronics which he doesn't get much chance to do. Electronics and I don't get along so well, even when they haven't had water poured on them. Anyway, Husband found a place that claims to fix water-damaged logicboards in New York. We tried to explain to them that it must have a lot more wrong with it since we couldn't even get the info from my hard drive to transfer to another computer. Still, they wanted a shot. If they can't fix it, we don't pay.
All hail the New Yorkers.
I'm jealous--I haven't even been to New York yet.
In the meantime I am on my old iBook. The video is always half pink. It runs at a temperature that singes my lap. It's a lot slower. Still, I'd rather use it than the PC. After one day of that thing I'd already nearly taken a cup of water to it myself.
Comments