The other question I get besides, "Did the electrician kill you?" is "How is the Flying Monkey?"
Here's an update.
Milestones: Gnawing on things more viciously than ever--chairs, himself, sisters, me. We've all learned to just sort of give him the food and back away because he rarely distinguishes bananas from fingers.
New Trick: Head butting. When I watch people head butt, like the turtles Crush and Offspring in Nemo, I think they must work themselves up to it or something. Maybe light forehead tapping for a month or two before going at it like rams. But apparently Flying Monkey is a prodigy head butter. He didn't get this talent from me. He leans in for the sweetest hug and then WHAM. Head butt. I end up with a splitting headache and he wears a grin like he's expressed the ultimate in human affection, despite the red mark or goose egg on his forehead.
I think the good lord saw what Flying Monkey was capable of and gave him a triple strength skull.
Hates: His foreward facing carseat. But the rear facing one practically bends his toes to his nose these days. I go less places now.
Loves: Any GROWN UP electronics. He can have 10 toys out, including toy cell phones and keys and go for the one wire hanging out behind a shelf or something.
Says: Mom, Dad, Cat, Ball, Meow, Bottle and probably more but my head hurts so much from the last head butt, I can't remember.
Here's an update.
Milestones: Gnawing on things more viciously than ever--chairs, himself, sisters, me. We've all learned to just sort of give him the food and back away because he rarely distinguishes bananas from fingers.
New Trick: Head butting. When I watch people head butt, like the turtles Crush and Offspring in Nemo, I think they must work themselves up to it or something. Maybe light forehead tapping for a month or two before going at it like rams. But apparently Flying Monkey is a prodigy head butter. He didn't get this talent from me. He leans in for the sweetest hug and then WHAM. Head butt. I end up with a splitting headache and he wears a grin like he's expressed the ultimate in human affection, despite the red mark or goose egg on his forehead.
I think the good lord saw what Flying Monkey was capable of and gave him a triple strength skull.
Hates: His foreward facing carseat. But the rear facing one practically bends his toes to his nose these days. I go less places now.
Loves: Any GROWN UP electronics. He can have 10 toys out, including toy cell phones and keys and go for the one wire hanging out behind a shelf or something.
Says: Mom, Dad, Cat, Ball, Meow, Bottle and probably more but my head hurts so much from the last head butt, I can't remember.
Comments