Day 6
Absolute chaos. I nearly strangled my son. Really. Just ask him. It was self defense.
My son and his best friend have been planning half the summer to buy a Pet together and share it. Something they could switch between their houses like a hermit crab or a frog or something. Together they saved $40. No small feat for a couple of 8 year olds. "Have you checked with Best Friend's mom?" I asked many times. "Oh yes, absolutely," they told me.
They lied.
When Best Friend's mom produced a tiny fishbowl and said she might be willing to let them share a fish, my son had yet another breakdown. Later in the day, I took them to the pet store just to look at what my son could afford on his own. I pointed out the frogs. The crabs. The colorful snails. The fish that would work in a tiny fishbowl for Best Friend. He chose the bearded dragon. The bearded dragon is $200.
"Is there anything you want me to do for $200?" he asked hopefully. Nothing came to mind.
You can sense it coming can't you? Another breakdown.
I am hoping he eventually goes for the snail. Spongebob has one. Anything Spongebob has is cool, right?
Absolute chaos. I nearly strangled my son. Really. Just ask him. It was self defense.
My son and his best friend have been planning half the summer to buy a Pet together and share it. Something they could switch between their houses like a hermit crab or a frog or something. Together they saved $40. No small feat for a couple of 8 year olds. "Have you checked with Best Friend's mom?" I asked many times. "Oh yes, absolutely," they told me.
They lied.
When Best Friend's mom produced a tiny fishbowl and said she might be willing to let them share a fish, my son had yet another breakdown. Later in the day, I took them to the pet store just to look at what my son could afford on his own. I pointed out the frogs. The crabs. The colorful snails. The fish that would work in a tiny fishbowl for Best Friend. He chose the bearded dragon. The bearded dragon is $200.
"Is there anything you want me to do for $200?" he asked hopefully. Nothing came to mind.
You can sense it coming can't you? Another breakdown.
I am hoping he eventually goes for the snail. Spongebob has one. Anything Spongebob has is cool, right?
Comments