Skip to main content

The Last Week Before School Starts

Day 5

Is broccoli a cure for ADD? Is it?

My son was having a difficult night on the town (which is code for when I take my kids to run errands with me). He kept ramming himself into things, spinning on the grocery store floor, telling me the things he could smell and running around to find them.

Then he spied the broccoli. He begged me to buy a head so he could eat it. I figured it would save a fight if I did, so I got one. HE ATE MOST OF IT. Raw. He loved it. And then he calmed down. Of course, there are broccoli florets all over the van from where he beat his sister with the remnants but I swear, comparatively speaking, he was calm. Trust me.

I adore this boy. He is brilliant. He is funny. He is also one of those kids at school that "every teacher knows" which I found out today from the lips of a teacher who didn't have him in her class.

Anyway, I am considering sending a head of broccoli with him to class on Monday. Aaaah Monday. Only the weekend to go.

Comments