This year our annual camping trip has been kicked up a notch. We are renting a...well, it's a cabin I guess you'd call it, but it's a 1.5 million dollar cabin, making it nicer than my house. Usually I'm grateful to see my home after camping, now I'm going to have to re-carpet and possibly paint the ceiling just to feel it meets the barest requirements of civilization.
So, okay, we're not really "camping." My family's basically hanging out in someone's summer house with my parents, my sister, my aunt, my cousin and her kids. Despite the nice decorations, I can tell you right now, this place isn't big enough for the thirteen of us, because when you are hanging in a "cabin" who wants to go outside? The pool table beckons, the 4 televisions and the 85 million cushy couches.
Of course there are some campy features, like the two-story wall of windows letting in all the morning sun and so waking up the little ones bright and early. That's sort of like a tent, right? And I've made several s'mores in the microwave (much to the dismay of my cousin who doesn't want her little ones having them so late). And just last night, I saw a bug.
So there you go. "Camping" 2007.
So, okay, we're not really "camping." My family's basically hanging out in someone's summer house with my parents, my sister, my aunt, my cousin and her kids. Despite the nice decorations, I can tell you right now, this place isn't big enough for the thirteen of us, because when you are hanging in a "cabin" who wants to go outside? The pool table beckons, the 4 televisions and the 85 million cushy couches.
Of course there are some campy features, like the two-story wall of windows letting in all the morning sun and so waking up the little ones bright and early. That's sort of like a tent, right? And I've made several s'mores in the microwave (much to the dismay of my cousin who doesn't want her little ones having them so late). And just last night, I saw a bug.
So there you go. "Camping" 2007.
Comments